Text: Niels Krogh Søndergaard, communications officer
Photo: Book cover, Springer
A new book “Perspectives on Political Awareness - Conceptual, Theoretical and Methodological Issues” introduces a comprehensive framework to understand political awareness. It addresses conceptual, theoretical and methodological questions and presents case studies which examine political awareness in new contexts.
The editors of the issue are Niels Nørgaard Kristensen, Thomas Denk, Maria Olson and Trond Solhaug.
This interdisciplinary volume presents a comprehensive framework to understand political awareness. Political awareness has become an important part of research on political attitudes and political behavior. The book discusses different aspects, such as the concept of political awareness, its formation, significance, measurement, and exploration.
The result is a new framework that addresses conceptual, theoretical, and methodological questions, such as:
- What does the concept mean?
- How to study political awareness?
- How is it connected to other orientations?
- How do children and youth develop political awareness?
Addressing a broad audience of researchers and graduate students, as well as scholars in Political Science, Sociology, and Education, this book is a must-read for everybody interested in a better understanding of political awareness.
Do you want to know more?
- About the book “Perspectives on Political Awareness - Conceptual, Theoretical and Methodological Issues”, Springer
- Associate Professor Niels Nørgaard Kristensen, research profile
- PolSoc - The Political Sociology Research Group, Niels Nørgaard Kristensens research group